The hot topic which was considered within the Forum was: “The prospects of electricity generation development in Ukraine at the expense of renewable sources”. Andrii Konechenkov, chairman of the board of PU “Ukrainian Wind Power Association” moderated the panel discussion.
Among experts in the field of renewable power were invited:
– Deputy Minister of Energy and the Coal Industry of Ukraine in European integration issues Natalya Boyko,
– Chairman of the board of JSB “Ukrgazbank” Kirylo Shevchenko,
– Chairman of the State agency on energy efficiency and energy saving of Ukraine Sergey Savchuk,
– The People’s Deputy of VR of Ukraine, the Chairman of subcommittee on energy saving and energy efficiency of Committee of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine on fuel and energy complex, nuclear policy and nuclear safety Oleksy Ryabchin,
– CEO of “Vindkraft Ukraine” company Carl Sturen,
– State secretary of the Kingdom of Sweden on environmental issues and climate Ms. Eva Svedling;
– Chairman of the board of the State innovative financial credit institution Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine Vladimir Stavnyuk.
Within the panel discussion the main tendencies of investment resources attraction in development of the renewable power sector in Ukraine were discussed and also the project in this sphere, which was solemnly opened within the Forum – construction of a wind farm “Novotroitsk” (the first stage of 15 MW, the general power – 140 MW) was submitted.
Within the panel discussion there was discussed the Energy Strategy of Ukraine approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine which provides 25% development of renewables till 2035. Detailed explanations on further performance of strategy were made by the Deputy Minister of the appropriate Ministry Natalia Boyko.
The chairman of JSB “Ukrgazbank” Kirylo Shevchenko has noted that the bank within the concluded bilateral Memorandum in 2016 during IX Forum with the Kherson RSA during 2016 – 2017 has invested 1.2 billion UAH in “ecological projects” of Kherson region (2 projects). On further prospect in the region 13 more projects are considered for investment.
State secretary of Sweden on environmental issues and climate Ms. Eva Svedling has commented on a situation of provisions and implementation of the Parisian agreement on climate change, which Ukraine also ratified and had undertaken obligations for implementation, and also shared experience of Sweden concerning policy of reduction of emissions from the industrial enterprises by transition to alternative technologies.
Sergey Savchuk, Chairman of the State agency concerning energy efficiency and energy saving of Ukraine, emphasized that the creates a certain stimulating provisions for investment activities in the sphere of renewable power today.
To confirm the intentions on investment projects implementation in Kherson region in the sphere of renewables between the Kherson RSA and LLC “Vindkraft Ukraina” the memorandum of cooperation was concluded. It provides implementation of a number of projects on construction of wind farms in the short term, namely:
– “Overianivske” wind farm on 69.3 MW in the territory of Novotroitsk and Genichesk districts;
– “Novotroitsk” wind farm on 69.3 MW in Novotroitsk district;
– “Kalanchatske” wind farm on 300 MW in Kalanchak district;
– “Chaplinske” wind farm on 300 MW in Chaplinka district.
Comments are closed.