IX International investment forum “Tavrian horizons: cooperation, investments, economic development” took place in Kherson region
On September 30th – 1st of October, 2016, in Nova Kakhovka took place
IX International investment forum “Tavrian horizons: cooperation, investments, economic development”.
The event has brought together about 650 participants from the different countries of the world and regions of Ukraine, including 14 representatives of diplomatic corps (Kazakhstan, Macedonia, Belarus, Poland, Canada, Malaysia, Sweden, Romania, Hungary, Lithuania, the People’s Republic of China, the Republic of South Africa, Switzerland), 25 foreign delegations from Iraq, India, Kuwait, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Sweden, Vietnam, Austria, the USA, and also representatives of the central and local executive authorities, wide representation of business and investment companies, public organizations and scientists.
Participants of the Forum were welcomed by the First Deputy Minister of Regional Development, Construction and Housing of Ukraine Vyacheslav Negoda, President of Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Ukraine Gennady Chizhikov, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Macedonia to Ukraine Mr.Stole Zmeykoski, Chairman of the board of JSC AB Ukrgazbank Kirill Shevchenko, Business-ombudsman in Ukraine Mr.Shemeta, Chairman of the board of the International Trade-club in Ukraine Mr. Kadar Andras, and also People’s Deputies of Ukraine from Khersonshchyna Alexander Spivakovsky and Serhiy Hlan.
USAID Program “Leadership in economic governance” was Forum general partner this year. In this regard the Program team headed by its director Mrs.Tamara Solyanik visited Forum. Mrs. Solyanik noted importance of holding such events at the regional level for improvement of business climate in the region and creating favorable conditions for investments involvement.
Within Forum gala session 5 significant investment projects which are planned or offered to realization in Khersonshchyna in the medium term have been submitted. Among them it should be noted the project on construction by LLC AE NIBULON of an object of transport infrastructure “The reloading terminal on shipment of grain and oil-bearing crops on the river and marine transport” in Hola Prystan of the Kherson region which has been presented by the Hero of Ukraine, CEO of LLC AE NIBULON Alexey Vadatursky.
The project on construction of tourist complex apartment hotel in Skadovsk was presented by the Honorary consul of the Kingdom of Sweden in Ukraine, famous investor and the public figure of Ukraine Mr. Carl Sturen.
Alexander Adamchik, the acting vice-chairman of the Kherson regional state administration, presented to the participants the wide regional potential in the sphere of alternative power engineering, construction of the waste-processing enterprises for the latest technologies. Forum participants’ attention was drawn to the offered number of land plots, namely 52, free and suitable for construction of alternative power engineering facilities through «green tariff».
One of the most urgent directions of regional development is creation of industrial parks that allows providing new jobs, restoring industrial capacities and increasing tax revenues in local budgets.
So, at the IX International investment forum 2 projects on creation of industrial parks on the basis of the large industrial enterprises presented. In particular CEO of LLC SPE «Kherson Machine building Plant» presented the concept of the mentioned enterprise development on the area of 73 hectares.
Also participants have studied the investment offer on effective use of production capacities and the land plot of 48 hectares on the basis of JSC Kherson Cotton Plant.
Within the Forum the third meeting of Council of the tourist cities and regions took place where the head of Department of tourism and resorts of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine Ivan Liptuga acted as moderator. About
40 representatives of travel business and the regional authorities from all tourist regions of Ukraine participated in the meeting.
Also during the Forum the bilateral meetings in B2B format with members of the International trade-club in Ukraine were held. Within this event the representatives of regional business had an opportunity to communicate and carry out contacts with representatives of trade and economic departments of diplomatic missions of various countries in Ukraine. For broad acquaintance with the capacity of Khersonshchyna in various branches the delegation of Trade-club headed by the chairman of the board
Mr. Kadar Andras has arrived to Kherson on the 29th of September and has held a number of preliminary meetings with regional businessmen, has visited a number of the industrial enterprises.
Within the Forum 9 memorandums of cooperation were signed which laid the reliable foundation for implementation of investment projects and 3 partner programs for the next years. In particular, the Regional State Administration in the person of its head Mr.Andrii Gordeev were concluded:
– Memorandum of cooperation and partnership with LLC AE NIBULON, which confirms readiness of the investor to implement the investment projects on construction of new elevator capacities and reloading terminals along Dnieper River in the territory of the Kherson region and development of boating by the organization of river travel and cruises for the population of the region;
– Memorandum of cooperation in the sphere of realization by LLC «Sea gates» the investment project “Construction of Hotel-Apartment Complex in Skadovsk town”;
– Memorandum of cooperation and partnership with JSC AB “Ukrgazbank”;
– Memorandum of cooperation with the Chinese Trade Association;
– Memorandum of cooperation and interaction with the Coordinator of the project of the International trade center under UN “Development of the road map of future value chain creation for fruit and vegetable sector”;
– Memorandum of cooperation and interaction with the USAID program DOBRE in the sphere of assistance to implement of decentralization in the region;
– Memorandum of cooperation in the sphere of trade industry development in Kherson region with LLC Budhaus Group (Shopping Center “Fabrika”);
– Memorandum of intentions on implementation of projects in the field of solar power in the Kherson region with the public union “Fund of development and innovations of housing and communal services”;
– Memorandum of cooperation in the sphere of implementation of the investment project “Restoration and Construction of New Irrigational Systems” with LLC AGRO-TRADING COMPANY AGRO-DELO.
Business communication platform of the Forum included work of six parallel panels. Except the Meeting of Council of the tourist cities and regions, the panel discussion of “Investments in agribusiness” where Andrii Stefanovich, the director of the Department of scientific and educational providing and rural business development of the Ministry of agrarian policy and food of Ukraine, moderated. Also there were held Panel discussion «Industry, transport infrastructure, energy efficiency and their investment attractiveness», round table «Developed business-climate – the basis for investment attraction» headed by the chairman of the board of NGO “Institute of Economic Researches and Political Consultations” Igor Burakovsky and with assistance of the USAID “Leadership in Economic Governance” program, and also Panel discussion «Economically able communities of Kherson region –guarantee of the regional development».
Separate creative platform for the presentation of own projects and the ideas worked within Start-up workshop “Territory of Creative Ideas”.
The second day of the Forum was devoted to practical acquaintance with the capacity of Khersonshchyna. Four information trips in different spheres were offered to participants:
– Agrarian sector – opportunities for full cycle of production;
– The industry – brownfields and territories for development of your technologies;
– Transport hub – sea and air gates of Ukraine;
– Tourist pearl of Ukraine – synergy of nature and hospitality in Kherson.
Each tour included objects and the enterprises which successfully work in the region thanks to work with foreign and domestic investors, and also investment platforms potentially interesting to investors.